Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Everyday Rhapsody.

The guy I share an office with listens to his internet radio out loud (which is fine with me since I use headphones), but I swear to god that “Bohemian Rhapsody” comes on at least once a day. Again, not complaining, but that’s strange, right? That some internet radio station out there would play it that often? I always thought it was one of those niche songs that you don’t hear much because maybe it was a B-side or something? I don’t know enough about Queen to know if it was a major, popular hit for them. Honestly, I’m of the generation that first heard it in “Wayne’s World” so obviously I’m no authority, but – I mean – every day? Can you really enjoy the weirdness of it if you hear it every single day? I think the prospect of the song losing its strangeness-factor is what’s mighty, mighty frightening.

.
.
.

No comments: