There comes a time in the life of every blogger when he/she is sitting around the apartment and is suddenly and from seemingly nowhere shocked – SHOCKED I SAY - by the realization that he/she has completely forgotten that he/she has a blog!
That happened to me just recently.
I know, I am a terrible blogger.
But in my defense, I have been VERY BUSY! True story. Here now I shall make a list for you of all the things I have been doing in addition to neglecting this here blog:
- I discovered that Tostitos makes tortilla chips that are THEMSELVES made of cheese! I think that this is at least as important of a discovery as anything Marie Curie found.
- Forgot the exact day of my father’s birthday.
- Bought a map online.
- As all LA-based, camera-owning hipsters must, I ditched work one day and went to the Getty.
- Said out loud: “Antiques Roadshow is always good.”
- I visited home and visited what once would have been my birthright (a now ghost town of a dairy three miles outside of “town”.)
- Basically saved the lives of some Swiss people (more on that later).
- Watched “Winnie the Pooh” to make myself feel better on a bad day.
- Failed THREE TIMES to watch Guy Ritchie’s “Sherlock Holmes” on TV.
- Got deleted off Facebook by someone I cared a lot about.
- Stayed in four different hotels in two weeks (I love hotels!)
- Saw The Black Keys live.
- Ate at Long John Silver’s.
- Absolutely did not go to a strip club in Bakersfield. Absolutely. Did. Not.
- Had yet another birthday.
- Saw a bear!
- Successfully did not get eaten by a bear.
- Spent awesome adventure time in the Sequoias (more on that later [but look! Down there at the bottom of this picture, that's ME!]).
- Ate donuts.
- Had two separate sets of pink ear buds devoured by The Kitten.
- Paid twenty bucks for an omelet (and it didn’t even have gold or diamonds in it or noth’en!)
- Bought a new black tie.
- Worked, a lot. A whole lot.
- Took a picture of myself.