Tuesday, June 21, 2011

[insert Weiner pun HERE]

Like anyone who participated in student government in high school, I feel as though I am qualified to hold public office. But then something like the recent and ridiculous Congressman Weiner “scandal” happens and I think to myself, “Holy shit, if he had to resign over that then there is no way in hell I should ever run for anything. Period. Not even, like, President of my book group.”

Now that it is all over I took a minute to think about the whole thing and it just pissed me off. I’m not going to defend what the dude did; he was totally sleazy about the whole thing, through and through. But compared to some of the other things we have tolerated from our politicians, how is sending pictures of your own naughty bits even a blip on the radar screen of the bullshit we have had to swallow?

Also, I think that everybody is ignoring what a thoroughly modern scandal this is. In the back of my mind I have been thinking this whole time, “A Congressman got caught sexting? Really?! How cool is that!” It makes me want to start electing better looking Congress-persons.

And yeah, there is part of me that’s happy we had a politician who could even use the camera on his phone. I mean, does Rick Santorum seem like a guy who is smart enough to change the wallpaper on his phone? Do you think Mitt Romney actually knows the password to his Twitter? I bet Sarah Palin just sits on her tour bus looking at her laptop and saying, “The files are in the computer?”

Anyway, this whole damn thing is just ridiculous and we should all be ashamed of ourselves. And that’s all I have to say about that.

Oh, except … since I obviously will not be running for political office, you should all feel free to send me pictures of your naughty bits (unless you happen to be former Congressman Anthony Weiner, in which case, I have already seen it buddy).


.
.
.

No comments: