Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Workplace Haiku! For You!

So I have been on a haiku kick today. This is unfortunate for all of us because I am so very, very bad at haiku (its 5 – 7 – 5, right?).

But sometimes I’m at work and I just get struck by the desire to write some embarrassing workplace haiku.

Here is some:


I work with Excel
and move numbers a lot.
So I can pay rent.


A spreadsheet is made
of lots of little white cells
and I am in one.


I drink cold coffee
and work quietly all day
and dream of quitting.


I will get a job
on a ship or herding sheep
anyplace but here.


But it’s not that bad.
The AC is nice and cool.
and my chair is good.


I try not to bitch.
Keep my nose to the grindstone,
but I’ve ground it off.


But back to Excel,
it’s waiting expectantly
for me to work more.


Back to work I go,
high ho, high ho. Tomorrow
I should call in sick!



.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: