Monday, April 5, 2010

Body Shots and Blogs.

There are two things about which I should probably make you aware:

1) This is my Spring Break week from school. However, since I am an old and abysmally boring adult-type person, I will not being going to Cabo and doing body shots off coeds (though I am certainly willing to do body shots off of any coeds who would like to come over) (that was a joke) (sort of) (I guess that what I should have said was: I am certainly willing to do body shots off of any coeds who would like to come over, and, oh, by the way, can I move in with you? Because Violet has just kicked me out of the apartment for doing body shots off of coeds). But I have not told my work that this is my Spring Break, so I still get to leave at 2pm the next three days, only instead of rushing to school, I will be rushing off into the world to do whatever the hell I damn well please. Since, in addition to being an abysmally boring adult-type person, I also lead a very boring life, I will probably be coming straight home to write scatological blog posts. So look forward to that!

2) Over dinner tonight Violet informed me that part of the reason that no one reads my blog is because I do not participate in the world blogs. This, I will admit, is true. Violet made a salient point, which was, that I do not use the Internet the way that other people do. That is to say that I do not hang out on the Internet. I don’t have any games that I like to play and I don’t have a Farmville farm or anything. I kind of treat the Internet like a giant reference book. The Internet is, for me, a multi-media encyclopedia. Violet says that I need to get in the habit of participating in the digital world AND that I need to make my blog more a part of life. This blog should not, she suggested, be just a random collection of links to interesting articles (though it can be that too), as much as it should be about the person who is collecting these links. This is all to say that a blog is a diary and the Internet is primarily a voyeuristic enterprise. I think that she is right. So get ready to learn all kinds of stuff about me that you had no interest in knowing!

This is going to be a fun week.


.
.
.
.
.

No comments: