Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Ultimate Hamlet Cast List!

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, it is finally complete!

For years now I have been working on a hypothetical cast list for the version of Hamlet that I would like to direct. Obviously this cast is a fantasy as some of these actors are dead and/or far past their prime (in some cases I think they have even given up acting), so just close your eyes (not right now! You are READING right now! You can’t read with your eyes closed! Jesus Christ don’t be so literal!) and let yourself be swept away by this imagine-ization the phenomenal production of Hamlet that we could stage!

Enjoy!

The Ultimate Hamlet Cast List:

Hamlet: Woody Harrelson

Ophelia: Bebe Neuwirth

Claudius: Ted Danson

Gertrude: Kirstie Alley

Polonius: Kelsey Grammer

Horatio: George Wendt

Leartes: John Ratzenberger

Fortinbras: Rhea Perlman

The Ghost: Ernie Pantusso


.
.
.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Now while I can admit to knowing almost nothing about Hamlet, I do recognize the cast of Cheers when I see it. Question, is this version of Hamlet set in a bar? If so, I'm for it. Second question, is there a larger joke I am missing? If so, I'm still for it.