Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Travels with My Goat.

Here is a poem that I wrote about my goat:

Travels with My Goat
by james bezerra

If I had a goat,
then she would be
my hiking buddy
and together
we would weather
every storm, scale every peak, climb every crag, hike every trail, mount every summit, spelunk every cave, sail every sea, raft every river, canoe every lake, fish every pond, cross every desert, eat every piece of garbage …
Wait!
That’s the goat. The goat is doing that.
It has stopped again.
It is eating garbage again.
Who leaves garbage all the way out here?
Never mind. What was I saying?

… and together
we would weather
every storm, scale every peak, climb every crag, hike every trail, mount every summit, spelunk every cave …
Ouch!
Do not bite me goat! Stop it. Ouch!
Let go of my sleeping bag! Give that back …
Oh! Oh great! Look you have ripped it! You have ripped my sleeping ... stop eating it! I demand that you stop eating it right now!
Christ all mighty.
What was I saying?
Right …

If I had a goat,
then she would be
my hiking buddy
and together
we would weather
every storm …
Oh god do not do that right there! You cannot crap in the middle of the trail! This is NATURE! It is pristine and beautiful! You can’t crap on NATURE!
You know what? Forget it! Forget it goat. I am leaving you here! Have fun surviving in NATURE! Without a stove and sleeping bag! How do you like that goat!

If I had a goat,
then she would be
my hiking enemy
and a terrible trail partner
and we’d part ways forever.


.
.
.

No comments: