Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Google Doppelganger.

So since I have this fancy blog, I sometimes google myself on the google machine (what? You’ve done it too) because I want to make sure that I exist as a writer somewhere.

Well, I do.

I am quite proud of this.

I would be prouder still were it not for the fact that I have a google doppelganger named James Bezerra. I have come across the likes of him before. He is out there trying to eat up my google space.

From what I gather he lives in Brazil and while I believe that he has a full head of hair (I have google imaged him too), he is not nearly as cool as I am. Obviously.

I only bring it up because it would appear that he is prominently featured in
this article, which is entirely in Spansh and therefore unintelligible to me (thanks a lot two-years-of-Spanish-in-high-school).

Do any of you read Spanish? Could you tell me what this guy is up to? I think that he has been appointed Secretary of Infrastructure or something.

Though I like to think that in the article he is complaining that there’s some jackass American blogger stealing his google thunder. I mean, how much must it suck if you were recently appointed Secretary of Infrastructure and your mom goes to google you because she is so proud of you and she comes across a blog where someone is ranting about how how chinchillas are so much better than rabbits because chinchillas can float, read minds and start fires by rubbing their tiny feet together?

That's true about chinchillas, BTW.



.
.
.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That article is in Portuguese ;)

Google translates as this:

Faced with the refusal to take on Jorge Luis Cavalcante the Municipal Infrastructure, Bezerra James was appointed to perform the duties of office. He will be supporting Cicero Dantas former Secretary of Roads and Rodagens during the administration of Mayor Ronaldo Barbosa.

james said...

That's right, google translates! Thank you for this Anonymous, or should I call you Mister X?

Anonymous said...

The jig it is up!