Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dancin’ Manson by james bezerra




Dancin’ Manson
by james bezerra

I had the misfortune
of being named Charles Manson.
Don’t blame my parents, it wasn’t their intention
to name me after a crazy felon.
They just didn’t watch a lot of news.

Now it would be hard to confuse
me with that other Charles Manson.
He is skinny and white, with hair like refuse.
I am tan and rotund and love dancin’
but my schoolmates still gave much abuse
callin’ me “Dancin’ Manson”
It gave me quite the blues.

But I learned to embrace my status.
If people wanted to defame me
by hollering names upon my egress,
then I would just let them see
what happens when I strap on these here dancin’ shoes.

I got so good I went on tour.
People drove for hour upon hour
just to see the power
unleashed by these here feet.

As time went on
people forgot that other Charles Manson,
so ensorcelled were they by my dancin’
and I became the most famous Manson they’d ever meet.


.
.
.

No comments: