Thursday, July 8, 2010

Songs For My Band's Next Album.

So if you frequent this blog you already know this, but I am in a completely fake band. We don’t ever get together or play music and most of us lack any musical ability whatsoever, to say nothing of musical interments (for my part, I play the variable-speed blender and have actually been getting quite good at it).

In addition to never getting together to practice, we also don’t write any songs. However, I do keep collecting good song titles for – what I believe, anyway – would be delightful and interesting songs. Below are all of the titles for my band’s next album (which will, of course, never actually be produced. How cool is that? Beat that hipsters!).

Enjoy:



Has Been Work Hard Enough

Jogging on the Beach in a Headband

Jogging on the Beach in Just a Headband

The Morse Code of Your Heartbeat

The Brail of Your Skin

Heartache in the Headlines

Naked Noir

The Ash Box (I stole this from Eggplant)

Interactive Internet TV Ruined My Marriage

The Anorexia Engine

Dirty Teenage Group Sex In the Park (I stole this from Eggplant)

It’s Not a Sin Unless You’re Seen

Friends I Don’t Remember Anymore

The Cool Jazz Jam Session in My Heart

I Can’t Stop Not Getting Over You

Njord, The North Sea Sea-God

Dentistry is a Scam


.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Jamie:

Love the fake song titles! I too like to create fake bands, so much so that I created a site for people just like us who do! If you get a chance check out my site Figment (http://www.figment.cc). You can create bands, release fake albums, gain fans and hopefully rocket up the charts. We'd love to have you join out small but creative community! Regardless keep up the writing and your blog. Enjoyed scrolling through it and reading some of your posts.

All the best,

Eric
Figment.cc