Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MFA Creative Writing Programs.

So I was just thinking, maybe you were curious what Creative Writing MFA programs I applied to. Here they are:

The University of Iowa
Brown University
UC Irvine
Cornell University
The University of Michigan
The University of Oregon
Vanderbilt University
Florida State University**

Arguably Iowa is the best program in the country. UC Irvine and U Michigan are in the top five. So is Brown, but the program bends toward experimental writing so I have my fingers crossed. Cornell is a very serious (very small) program. Oregon seems liberal and touchy-feely. Vanderbilt has a newer program with some good money. Florida State has an incredibly popular (and blessedly large) program.

So that’s the deal.

I was looking for programs with good reputations, full funding and only two years long.
.
.
.
**Violet refuses to move to Florida, so if I end up going here I will be single. Ladies.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: