Thursday, January 28, 2010

La Vie Boheme.

So today was one of those looooong and exhausting days. Loooooooooooooooooong day. And then class and we talked about The Scarlett Letter for what felt like eight or nine days.

But did I give up? Did I crawl into the back of my car and sleep in the parking lot? No. No I did not.

“So,” you ask, “what did you do? How did you summon the strength and energy to go on?”

Well, I will tell you.

I popped in RENT and sang and sang and sang La Vie Boheme, which I love.

This is the part I like to sing:

MR. GREY
And thirteen orders of fries
Is that it here?

ALL
Wine and beer!

MIMI & ANGEL
To hand-crafted beers made in local breweries
To yoga, to yogurt, to rice and beans and cheese
To leather, to dildos, To curry Vindaloo
To Huevos Rancheros and Maya Angelou

MAUREEN & COLLINS
Emotion, devotion, to causing a commotion,
Creation, Vacation

MARK
Mucho masturbation

MAUREEN & COLLINS
Compassion, to fashion, to passion
When it's new

COLLINS
To Sontag

ANGEL
To Sondheim

FOUR PEOPLE
To anything taboo

COLLINS & ROGER
Ginsberg, Dylan, Cunningham and Cage

COLLINS
Lenny Bruce

ROGER
Langston Hughes

MAUREEN
To the stage!

PERSON #1
To Uta

PERSON #2
To Buddha

PERSON #3
Pablo Neruda, too

MARK & MIMI
Why Dorothy and Toto went over the rainbow
To blow off Auntie Em

ALL
La Vie Boheme


Sorry this is the best youtube had to offer.


Oh, and how bad-ass is Taye Diggs, by the way? That man has some range.

No comments: