Wednesday, April 14, 2010

iProblem.

This is kind of a non-sequitur, but is it just me or does it seem like every wanna-be beatnik and fake hippie that I see everywhere has an iPhone?

I have no problem with the iPhone and if you gave me one I would use the hell out of it (I get lost a lot and some quick and easy GPS would rock my socks off), but it just seems to me that there is something philosophically anachronistic about some of the people that I see using iPhones all the hell over the place.

I’m not bitching right now. I have not yet formulated exactly what about this whole thing bothers me, but this faux grunge rocker in my poetry class was all busy with his iPhone in class and I realized that last weekend at this fancy bar Downtown I saw a poser with a full-on Mohawk and leather jacket fingering his iPhone. Is there anything less punk rock than an iPhone? Let me answer for you: no, no there is not. Kittens are more punk rock than iPhones.

Anyway, I’m sure that we will return to this one day soon when I can better articulate. So look forward to that I guess.

Am I coming across like a curmudgeon right now? Do you find that sexy?
.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

queer_theory said...

I see way too many people trying way too hard to look like they don't have the money for or are too edgy for an iPhone using an iPhone and never understand what they're going for.