Sunday, March 5, 2017

What's Up With the New Stuff???

You may have noticed that the header and links that used to be up above are gone now. Not to worry! I'm in the process of migrating my domain between hosts. I know that sounds like something that happens in the movie Aliens, but it turns out that it is in fact not.

Basically I'm making some changes to how and where my site and this blog exist on the internet. It will take a week or so to get it all sorted out (but I've needed to do it for over a year). This blog won't be going anywhere, but everything else about the site is going to move over to Weebly's platform, which means I will actually be able to update things!


I'm in the process of building the beta version of that site now if you want to go look at it so far, but please do not bookmark it yet! The address will change once the domain transfers. Whatever the hell that means (Someone in tech support said it to me earlier today). I'm also going to figure out why the text of this blog only takes up half the screen. That started happening like two years ago, but I have just been really BUSY, okay?


You know what weirds me out most about all this? The previous incarnation of the site had been up since 2008! Without a single update! Right now though if you go type "standardkink.com" into your browser, there is nothing there! POOF! All gone in an instant. It makes me a little sad, you know? But it had become a necessity because so much of the old code was breaking and because it was time to pay the old hosts or find some new ones. 


All of that is probably more information than you require, but half the reason I haven't been writing here much lately is because I was secretly a little embarrassed about all the small things breaking down on the site and my inability to fix any of them. Soon we will be back up and running, pretty and new, though different, which will be strange.



I'm only half serious about using this picture here.
Also, I finally figured out how to caption pictures!


.
.
.

No comments: