Monday, February 8, 2016

Creative Engagement.


One of the classes I am in requires that we write responses of some sort to everything that we are reading in class. This week we read a book called The Activist by Renee Gladman. Full disclosure: the class is seminar in prose fiction and the title is “This Is Not A Novel: Exploring the Boundaries of 21st Century Fiction.” So this is not a 19th Century lit class. We are going to be reading books that are primarily “experimental” or “avant-garde” in nature, subject matter, and/or construction. So it is the kind of stuff that I enjoy, though it is also the stuff I tend to be most critical of because often this is the kind of writing that I think is most self-indulgent.

Anyway, below is a “Creative Engagement” response I wrote to Gladman’s rather “avant-garde”. Note how I do not even mention the book. That is because I am a grad student and all FAF.


.
.
.

No comments: