Thursday, February 4, 2016

An Actual Email I Just Sent.


I just realized something. Yesterday in my class I showed a Youtube clip from the end on the movie 2001. It was the part when Dave is turning off the computer HAL and HAL is getting dumber while Dave is doing it. HAL starts to talk all slow and weird because Dave is killing its brain. The essay they read for homework referenced this scene and I thought they should see it because 18-yr-old probably have never seen 2001.

Well something didn't sit right with me about the clip. I had watched it previously (I thought), but something seemed different. I didn't remember HAL singing exactly that way as he died.

This is the clip we watched.

I just realized what HAL is singing, it is Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". I Rick Rolled my own class.

Next Monday I am going to use this as a teachable moment to demonstrate the dangers of trusting what we find on the internet.




.

.

.

No comments: