Friday, February 14, 2014

Apartment.


I love the apartment I live in right now because I think this is the first time I have lived alone and been able to build a home that feels like me. It looks the way I want it to and it feels the way I want it too. And I spent a lot of time thinking about those things.

If you’ve never been here (call me and come over and I’ll make you dinner!), it is minimal and sparse but not empty. It is clean but not austere. It is covered in books, but those books all fit into simple black square bookcases. There is a thing I remember reading in an article once about the plethora of minimalist restaurants popping up (I won’t bother with context other than that):

Ryan told Louie, “People love restaurants because the kitchens are practical and simple but even better is the sense of plenty; lots of wine, lots of candles.”

That is what I have tried to engineer here. That feeling of plenty.

I tell you all this because I think that when my lease is up I will have to move and/or find a roommate(s), which will mean that this apartment I love so much will go away. That makes me sad. Sad face.

What will make me happy though is when you email me and tell me that you want to come over for dinner. Most of you reading this have actually met me, so it won’t be weird. But South Korean Guy (yeah I know about you) and come over for dinner too.




.
.
.
.

No comments: