Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It Has Been a Little While.

Oh dear blog,

I have missed you! I am so sorry that I have been away. It has been a trying month. In fact, ever since the new year I have felt drained both physically and emotionally. Work has been busier and more difficult than normal and February is looking to be worse.

But don’t cry for me dear blog, I shall endure.

And it hasn’t been all terror and tears. No!

In fact, I recently spent a day running around LA with my friend Mike The Director. We went LACMA (the Los Angeles County Museum of Art) which is a strange and beautiful place. I had never been before and it was fascinating. It is a sprawling complex of museums and I asked if they would let me move in and live there (They said no).

One of the very interesting (and most tourist-friendly) instillations is right out on the street. Called “Urban Light” it is a forest of restored lamp posts all arranged in rows. This camera phone photo doesn’t do it justice at all.



Also – as you will see below in these rare photos of your humble author – there is a variety of art for you brain to chew on.
If I had more energy, I would tell you more, but alas, I am tired. I miss you dear blog and I promise that I will not stay away so long again.



Your humble author contemplating Richard Serra’s entirely black canvas “L.A. Hinge”.



Again, pondering Peter Halley’s “Weekend” which also happens to be an entirely black canvas. Hooray for art?

.
.
.
P.S. Yes, I am that bald. Deal with it, I have.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least Weekend looks like different shades of grey... or have I just discovered that I'm colorblind?