Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mt. Everest.

Mt. Everest
by james bezerra

I was told once to take
a long walk off
a short pier.
But that was a trick!
Instead I took a short stroll up
a long beach.

Once I was told to
go fly a kite.
But I didn’t have a kite, so instead
I just took another beach stroll.

On the beach I
met a girl who was all wet
and flying a kite.
I said to her,
“Don’t be so literal!”

And she replied,
“I learn from experience.”

And I said,
“We have intellect so we can
avoid some experiences.”

And then she said,
“That is exactly why
you will never find an intellectual
at the top of a mountain.”

And so I said,
“I have watched many a
documentary
about Mount Everest!”

And then she said,
“You know that’s not
the same thing,
right?”

And so I said to her,
“Go fly a …
Go take a long …”

And then she said
nothing
and just flew her kite,
a smile on her face,
and let the sun warm and dry her.



.
.
.

1 comment:

abby walsh said...

I think I might be in love. Thanks for the goosebumps.