Friday, February 13, 2009

A Thoroughly Unscientific Movie Review

So I saw “Taken” last night. What a super flaming piece of awesome!

Lord knows I am very critical of movies (the industry term is, I think, ass hole) but I am still able to disengage those faculties and enjoy a movie when enjoyment is really the point and let me tell you, the people who made “Taken” were all about the suspension of disbelief, but they reward you for it by having Liam Neeson kick ass in a way that you really have not seen before.
I wish I could tell you more, but I don’t want to ruin the oh-my-god-did-he-just-do-that moments of the movie.

Suffice to say that it is a movie of moments rather than a movie you are supposed to watch and be astounded by and there were two of three moments that I felt like I hadn’t really seen before. It was really a lot of fun.

No comments: