Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hail, Caesar! My Mom’s Movie Review.


A NOTE FROM THE EDITORS HERE AT STANDARDKINK: Sometimes my mother emails me her thoughts on recent movies and sometimes I post them here without telling her I am going to.

Recently she went and saw Hail, Caesar!, which I have not seen yet. I have read several professional reviews, but I honestly think this one is the best I’ve come across:



I had thought that, since this movie has George Clooney and the Coen Bros, it would be a clever comedy. Actually, it was neither!

Sure, there were some funny (stupid) gags and George Clooney was in it, but it was much more Josh Brolin's movie. Wayne Knight was a wonderful villain,  which he does so well. But, he was only in it about 5 minutes. Channing Tatum is surely a rival for Gene Kelly in the tap- dancing category. He was really good. But, once again, for only about five minutes. The cowboy star was good, but he should have had a much bigger part. Josh Brolin was very believable as the studio boss, but his constant praying was uncomfortable. Scarlett Johansson might as well not even been there. Frances McDormand was funny, but once again, was only on screen about 3 minutes. Oh, Josh Brolin's secretary was well played.

All in all, there was basically no story - except George's kidnapping- and the talent of all these actors was just wasted. I would see it again if it was free!

Otherwise, when it was over, you Dad and I looked at each other and said, WTF?


How awesome is my mother, BTW?


.
.
.

No comments: