Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thirty Thousand New Words.

Thirty Thousand New Words
(This is not a list)
by james bezerra

So
you know
how the Eskimos have
ten thousand words for snow,
or something?

Well I think that
we too
should have
many words for
other things.

Ten thousand
words for
friend
or face
or lover.

That would be
thirty thousand
different words for the
friendly face of
your lover!

The fine and pale thin nuance
of words could
help one define one’s life,
one’s relationships
and the way that one
ought to feel.

I speak not of mere
adjectives my friends!
Not: my crazy friend.
But of a new noun:
Crazyfriend!

Or …
Perhaps …
There are probably better words to use
for these new nouns.
Crazyfriend was just a test balloon.

That friend you
want to fuck
could be called: Crave.
That old lover who you long for
could be called: Longing.

“Oh, have I introduced you to my
Crave?”
you’d say.
Or:
Someone would say,
“I saw your Longing at the supermarket buying avocados.”

This is a good linguistic plan!
Those Eskimos have so many words for snow
so that you can know
which type is fresh, which type is soft
and which type is dangerous.



.
.
.

No comments: