Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dark and Moody and Cool: The Editors.



I have been addicted to this album lately. It’s like auditory crack.

The band is called The Editors and this album is called The Back Room.

It came out several years ago and I had a couple of the songs downloaded, but the other night I was at the Arclight in Hollywood (the Arclight is the go-to stuck-up, fancypants theater in LA because they do movie premieres and such there) which is right across from Amoeba Records. I popped in to buy the new Interpol album and picked up The Editors almost as an afterthought. However I have NOT stopped listening to it since then.

I like to imagine that these guys are very British and always wear dark suits and are somehow always cast in shadow. These are not men who go out during the day. They are like vampires, only not lame. They are old-school awesome. I want to hang out with them in a dark bar with red leather booths and then do something either illegal or immoral or maybe both.

This is what cool sounds like.

(If they were to ever go on tour with Franz Ferdinand, I would buy a Kenneth Cole suit and a VW bus and follow them around the country. You can come, but you have to wear that little black dress you keep in the back of your closet. And that pair of strappy black heels. That’s the deal.)


.
.
.

No comments: