Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Over-Worked Sign.

This is a sign that I came across at school.




I just kinda smiled and shook my head. God love these college kids. They try so hard. I’m just not sure that one sign can be asked to convey this many messages.

Now I am about as liberal as one can be without falling off the edge of the world and into the territory ruled by people who chain themselves to trees or have messianic visions of President Obama sweating sunshine, but – that being said – I can totally understand why the right hates us. I am kind of annoyed by us sometimes too. Maybe I’m just getting old, but each of the things on this sign is an issue in and of itself and jamming them together like they are part of a package-deal is the kind of absurdity that made the recent protests in London so ridiculous. "Political opinions are not fashion!" That's what I want to shout all the time at my young liberal compatriots. “Don’t make this about YOU!”

And not for nothing, but what is “DE-INDUSTRIALIZATION”? Does that mean dismantling the factories? Or does it suggest that someone wants us to return to a pre-industrialized society. I hope not because I’m a terrible farmer. I bet the college kid who wrote this is too.

I will admit, however, the free donuts are a nice touch.

Anyway, here are some other pictures from inside my phone:




No comments: