Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Inside Pandora's Box: Techno Music



Help!

I recently started using Pandora Radio when I sit down to work or write or what-have-you. It is free and pretty easy to use and very customizable. Well, my relationship with Pandora is still pretty new. We are just past that honeymoon phase and we are finally getting to really get to know each other and for some reason she thinks that I like techno.

I do not like techno.

In fact, I contend that no one does, or ever has, liked techno.

I confessed to Pandora – in a moment of human honesty – that I enjoy some occasional Moby and some Massive Attack and sometimes Fatboy Slim and now she’s all like, “Maybe you will like some DJ AM.”

No Pandora, no, I would not like some DJ AM.

Also, these online radio stations should have a NO METALLICA button. I think all of life should have a NO METALLICA button, but that’s just me.

On a slightly related note, I spent three years crafting my Yahoo music station to get it just perfect and then Yahoo got rid of the customizable stations. I was so mad I peed in an envelope and mailed it to the Yahoo offices. I hadn’t been that mad since George Bush got legally elected president for the first time.

Anyway, to sum up, I do not like techno.

Here is Pandora.
.
.
.
.

No comments: