Monday, April 6, 2009

My Kitten Sees Some Balloons

So I’m sitting here doing other stuff and I have the sliding door open, but the screen is closed, and the precocious Kitten is watching the outside world and then suddenly ( and inexplicably) somebody downstairs let go of a small batch of helium balloons that are now drifting skyward (two red balloons and one white one, against a perfect slate blue sky) and the poor kitten stood up on her hind legs, her attention peaked.

Normally she would make some sort of annoying noise, but she didn’t do that. She just watched the balloons, then I saw her little shoulders sag and her little ears droop as she realized that she would never be able to get to the balloons, given the screen door and their rapid accent.

So she sat back down.

It was very sad, so I drew a picture of it.

No comments: