Tuesday, August 5, 2014

NYC Photography.


A couple of weeks ago I was in New York City. I love New York City and New York City loves me. Below are a few of my pictures. If you follow my Instagram (jjbezerra) then you have already seen a few of these. If you don’t follow my Instagram, why the hell not? I’m fascinating.


-

This is a picture of a trash compactor I saw at JFK airport. The trash compactor was on his way to a family reunion in Queens.




This is the view from the back seat of a cab on the way to Queens (the trash compactor and I split the fare).




This is a ballerina in Central Park. She was quite graceful and I was sad when the trash compactor compacted her, but that is what trash compactors do.




This is a noseless bust on the first floor of the Met. We made fun of his deformity. You could say that the compactor and I trash talked him. (That was a trash compactor-related pun.)




One from Monet’s series of haystack paintings. (Pssst … the one at The Getty is better. GO LA!) 




A bunch of Met day pass stickers.




This is a super cool picture I took while riding the super cool tram out to Roosevelt Island (which is cool, but not super cool). The compactor did not get to come because apparently you’re not allowed to bring trash compactors on trams. Because the New York MTA is obviously run by racists. Or at the very least, Luddites.




Happy graffiti with a power plant in the background.




Brazen New York City thieves!




A blurry picture taken while tripping over my own feet in Central Park.




If you stay on the subway while it turns around, then you too can swing around like this.




A black and white cookie which I ate and did not even offer to share with you.




I really like how this picture came out. This is Saint Thomas Church reflected in a window across the street and then I messed with the filters until it looked like the this.




The sailboat pond in Central Park.




A cocktail napkin. Upper Eastside. 2014.




Your humble author. Look how sad I am on my way back to the airport. It’s because the trash compactor did not meet me on the observation deck of the Empire State Building like he had promised.



.
.
.

No comments: