Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Olympics!


For the record, I would like it to be known that I am very excited about the upcoming Olympics. This has never happened before! I think it is because this is the first Olympics that has taken place since I have been trying to lead a non-sedentary lifestyle. I finally have a relatable and physical understanding of what it must feel like to run a five minute mile (I’m lucky to do 11 on a good day) and so I am excited to watch real athletes run and jump and kayak and hop and dance and swim and shoot and pole vault and javelin and do all of the other things that they train for. May the lord bless and keep those athletic sons of bitches. For my part, I will skip my own running and eat some cheddar and sour cream ruffles and watch them perform their hearts out!

The only other television events I’ve ever found this exciting:
11)      The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
22)      The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
33)      Any season premiere of The West Wing (which is no longer on TV)
.
.
.

No comments: