Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Micro New York Pictures.

I was in New York for a few quick days and I took some grainy pictures on my phone. It seems to me like New York is always portrayed on the macro level, in HUGE pictures. Below are some very small pictures. Please enjoy my (more or less chronological) photo gallery of micro NYC miscellanea!

The Jet Blue departures board.



The mast of The Ventura, a ship that sailed us around Lower Manhattan and The Statue of Liberty.


Awesome cupcakes at Grand Central.



Flowers for sale at a vendor in Midtown.



So do you?



The highly recommended half & half pizza at Totino’s on the Lower East Side.



The legendary $12 Sangria at the rooftop sculpture garden at The Met.



This funny little guy at The Met wants a hug!



A black & white cookie from my favorite little bakery in Grand Central (black & white cookies are just better in New York, I know how that makes me sound, but it is true).



Getting on the subway at Grand Central.



A terrible pic of the full size Ferris Wheel inside the Toys R Us in Times Square.



One of the weird things about walking around in New York is that you will turn a corner and all the sudden, the fricken’ Empire State Building is there.



Some colorful leggings in a store at Penn Station.



A picture of New Jersey, taken from a moving train.



Central Park.



One of the tunnels out of the city.



Most of the cabs have a live map in the back seat now. That little green dot below the S in QUEENS, that’s the cab I was in when I took this.


A rare photo of your humble author, taken in a bathroom at JFK.


A Jack and Coke in the bar at the new Jet Blue Terminal.

No comments: