Monday, October 12, 2009

All Apologies, Dear Blog.

Oh my poor blog, I miss you. I really do. I have just been so busy! I know that’s not a good excuse, but it is at least honest. I have just been working so much! And going to school! And there has been so much else! Life has gotten busier and I didn’t think that was possible.

So I am still working everyday, pushing around large quantities of other people’s numbers.

And then I leave work at two to go to school!

This semester I am taking the college’s literary journal class, and I am senior editor so I have been spending quite a lot of time making that happen. For the longest time I thought that you, dear blog, were basically my secret girlfriend. It was you that I was thinking about during those few and fleeting private moments, but now it is this journal. I think about fonts and kerning much more than is healthy. I think about the feeling of every piece of paper I come across. I am on an endless bender of tactile gratification.

In addition to all of that, I am still going through this process of filling out paperwork for schools. I really think that this grad school application process will never end. I think what they are really evaluating us on is out ability to do endless amounts of paperwork.

And the worst part, dear blog! The worst part is that I am barely writing at all. It is awful. I knew that was going to happen this semester, but I can still be unhappy about it. And I am unhappy about it.

And what’s even worse than that? Oh, I will tell you. I have aged. I had a birthday, but not just any birthday. It was that awful, fearful, horrid number. The number so bad that I dare not type its name. It has a three in it. That is all I will say. So get used to hearing me complain, so much more about how old I am and how undignified it is to be this old. You think I had a complex before? Well just wait, we will swiftly be moving on to a whole new level of psychosis. It’s gonna be great.


But more on that some other time. What I will do now is make you this promise, dear blog, I will return to you soon and we will spend time together. Real and quality time. We will talk more about all the things that are wrong in the world (like Republicans) and I will tell you about all the things I am learning in school and about the world.

The future holds concerts and stories and arguments about fonts!

I may be indefensibly old, but I am still looking forward to all the life that’s left.

I miss you dear blog, but I we will see each other again soon.

1 comment:

TheXach said...

I know the feeling. I've actually had dreams based on some of the things we're reading for the LitMag.

And you're not old. You have simply attained a level of sagacity based solely upon life experience and sheer survival. You are at an age where people take you more seriously.

Unrelated note, but I am trying to work out how to fit Carlos the god of Popcorn into my next story. I will make this happen.