Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tony Shalhoub Likes Comford Food

Last night Violet and I went out to Claim Jumper for a celebratory dinner (yesterday I finished the semester, which means I have finished my first year of real college and two years since I decided to do this school thing, but that’s not the points, as you can see from the fact it is here within the parenthesis) and while we were sitting there eating our stuff and waiting for some exquisite white-chocolate raspberry cream cheese pie, Tony Shalhoub goes walking on by. Tony Shalhoub of Monk fame! How cool is that?



I was all, “Hey Tony Shalhoub!”

And he was all, “What?”

And I was all, “I know most people would go straight to Monk, or Wings, but I liked you in The Siege.”

And then he was all, “Yeah? I really worked hard on that movie.”

And I was all, “Yeah.”

And then he bought our dinner for us!!!

.
.
.
.
Um …

Okay, so not all of that is true.

We did see Tony Shalhoub at the Claim Jumper, but nothing after that happened. In fact, as he walked by and we made eye contact I did a solid, downward nod, the kind that men give each other as a sign of respect, but he – I think – had already stopped looking at me by then.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: