Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Don't Steal My Idea!


So the Public server is down at work and since that’s where all of my work lives, I have nothing to do right now. The whole office is checking email (and updating blogs).

So I thought that now might be a good time to discuss an idea that has been rattling around in my brain.

I think that there is a great children’s story to be had in the automatic flushing toilets that are so common now.

I think that instead of there being a bunch of fancy-pants electronics in that little hub, there is – in fact! – a small team of tiny Toilet Gnomes living inside. Their whole purpose in life is to watch out of that tinted sensor window and wait for the appropriate time to trigger the flushing valve. I think that they consider themselves to be like high priests and they take themselves very seriously.

Then there is some sort of … oh, I don’t know, inciting incident maybe, that kicks off some sort of Tolken-esque adventure into the human world. And in the process of adventuring (maybe they need to find a new rubber O-ring or something) they learn not to take themselves so seriously. Perhaps they learn that a job is just a job.
I don’t know, what do you think?

I think it smells like awesome! Anybody? Anybody?

No comments: