Friday, March 24, 2017

Vignette City 5.


*** ‘Vignette City’ is an ongoing project of daily writing and urban photography ***




Today is the day! I’m getting my new Gibbons today and I’m so excited! The Gibbon enclosure has been pretty sad since Miller and Henry mauled each other to death last month. Gibbons aren’t usually that violent, but their teeth are just so intense, you know? Once they get started it’s just munch, thrash, blood, shriek, snap, and rip, you know?

Lenny let me borrow a couple of his Macaques, which was really sweet of him, I should do something nice for him once this all gets sorted out. The thing is though that nobody who’s really paying attention would ever confuse a Macaque for a Gibbon. The arms are all wrong, and the tails, and the hands. I moved the food to the back corner of the enclosure, behind the bushes, that way people can kind of see something moving around back there, but can’t really make anything out. That seems to be doing the trick for now. I’ll just be happy when all this is over, you know?

It was stressful enough having to get rid of the bodies. Two wet, bloody, torn apart Gibbon corpse in the trunk of my car. I’m never going to get the carpet in there clean again. But today is the day. I’ll go pick up the new one’s on my lunch break and as long as I get them in from the employee parking lot without anybody seeing, I’ll be home free. That’s right, home free.

.
.
.

No comments: