Friday, September 6, 2013

Suit & Tie.


I love the way people in old espionage movies dress: in suits and ties despite the heat in Havana, in Saigon, in Constantinople, in Puerto Rico. Were I required to wear a suit and tie despite the heat, I would relish hating it. Part of me kinda wishes that, as a student, I had a dress code. Only me though. The undergrad boys can dress in their shiny Nike shorts and the girls can continue 
wearing whatever they want because they're pretty good at it, but I would like to be given a cross to bear and that cross should be a three-piece suit in the summer. And a tie. See, the magic is in the having to wear it. Because that which happens on the daily is made more interesting by the vest that matches the pants which matches the jacket.

Also maybe I'm being a little Mad Men about this all, but there is something to looking nice. I own a pair of cargo shorts but whenever I wear them I feel like a very-not-me-warm-weather-version-of-me and it kinda makes me wish I was required to wear a suit and tie. So that I could enjoy so much the hating of it.

.
.
.




No comments: