Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Straw Blondes.

Sitting down the happy hour bar from me there's clearly a father/son combo. Straw blonde hair and similar noses and dad in cargo shorts with Ray-bans up on his head and it strikes me - as I am one often struck by things - that lots of dudes grow up into dads and lots of sons look up to dads who are just dudes in cargo shorts and Ray-bans. And it makes me think that there's some arrogance required to be a good dad. Because, after all, you can't let your son know you're just a dude in cargo shorts. But maybe that arrogance is okay. Maybe it is required. I often wonder at the fact I don't have any kids yet. Part of me thinks that maybe that's because I'm terrified of not having all of the answers the way that a dad is supposed to. Certainly that's part of it. But also, I don't enjoy wearing cargo shorts in public. That's certainly part of it too.

.
.
.

No comments: