Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Walrus Furniture.



Walrus Furniture


by james bezerra



I met a walrus who builds custom furniture.

When he told me of his vocation

I asked for the location

of his showroom!



I paid a visit the next day

but to my dismay

discovered that his ambition

far exceeded his execution

when it came to the construction of an ottoman.



Really everything he had on display

was faulty or dangerous in some way.

Bent nails jutted from a wobbly futon

and not a single chair was comfortable to sit on.



I politely told him

that his products all had a problem

and the walrus began sobbing suddenly

and then he admitted sheepishly

that he’d always known, subconsciously,

that his work was hampered by

his inability to hold a hammer properly

owing to the fact that he had a flipper

where his thumb should be.

 
.
.
.

No comments: