Monday, July 12, 2010

The Sacrificing of Virgins.

So I have come to discover that this delightful little apartment complex that I live in is mostly populated with church-going folk. Now I have nothing against church-going folk (necessarily) but these seem to be the type that are very white and go more than once a week (always a bad sign) and so just now I was sitting on our second story balcony and listening to a conversation going on in a doorway below and I heard them say something about “I asked the church elders how long to wait before the laying on of hands” and then a bit about “I asked the Pastor how you know when to leave a church” and I do not presume to know what exactly it was that they were talking about, but - because I know little of their ways - I will just assume that it has something to do with the sacrificing of virgins.

No comments: