Sunday, May 9, 2010

Plans and Maybe a Coffee Shop.

So dear blog, I am sorry that I have not been around much as of late, but life has been overwhelming. I am in the final days of my last semester at Cal State Northridge and it has been much more difficult and intense than I had expected. All of my papers and projects are turned in. I have three finals still to come this week, but by next weekend I will be done. All that will be left is the stress of waiting for my final grades to come back.

Once all that is done I will be trying to find a way to reengineer my life. I plan to write more (I hope and plan to become prolific!) So expect to see a lot more short fiction posted here. Also, I need to get back down to my fighting weight. I realized that I have put on twenty-five pounds since I went back to school three years ago. So in a few months I want to be nice and trim and maybe even possess a detectable muscle mass!

Also I will be reading more. I can not wait. I have not gotten to read for fun in three years. Three years! I have a whole stack of books I to bite into.

And since Violet and I will finally have some eveing free time, I want to begin the quest for a good coffee shop. I believe in my heart of hearts that somewhere in the greater LA area there simply must be a decent coffee shop. I resolve myself to finding it. So if you have any suggestion, PLEASE COMMENT! I am desperate and need your help.

I know that none of this means anything to you, but sometimes I just like to type. It relaxes me to sit here and type. The way that some writers used to talk about the soothing mechanical clattering of their typewriters, I feel that way about the plastic click of my keyboard keys.

Anyway, once we get through this week you should expect to see much, much more here. A blog updating onslaught that will be unheard of in its veracity and intensity.

So that will be fun. For me anyway.

.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: