Tuesday, May 4, 2021

One Day I Got.


Yesterday I drank nearly a gallon of water and I ran eight miles. Those things did not happen simultaneously, but they did both happen yesterday. I only ate healthy things. I did not drink wine and I did not watch TV. So if I can just have days like that for the next month (or two or three), then I think I will end up in a situation where I feel better and look better and looking better will help me feel better. I’m kind of excited about the prospect of all that.


But remember how one of the key parts of this process (which I started yesterday) is keeping my job in its box? Well today I have to LEAVE THE HOUSE early so that I can PHYSICALLY go INTO WORK by 8am, which is half an hour EARLIER than my normal work day starts. So I got precisely ONE DAY where my job lived up to it’s part of the bargain.


All the people I’m going to be around today are vaccinated and we’ll all be doing the mask thing, so I’m not super worried about that part, but can we all just be like DAMN!


ONE DAY I GOT!


This should be recoverable though. Going in early means leaving early and so I should still be able to run later. I’ll take some healthy food with me and I’ll take a bunch of water (since communal things like water coolers are no longer allowed).


Within the next couple of weeks I will learn when I’m supposed to start phasing back into normal face-to-face work. My guess is that I will probably have to start going back in July, but that is just a guess. And believe me, I’m excited to go back, in theory. I have not enjoyed work-from-home, but after 15 months, I certainly have gotten used to it. So the transition back is going to be weird and is going to require me to again construct a whole new schedule and built a whole new routine. However, there is nothing I can do about that right now.


Right now I need to wrap up this post so that I can finish getting ready for an actual commute followed by a day of in-person work. My fear is that I will just be exhausted by the end of the work day, but there is nothing I can do about that right now.


Sorry, I know these posts about my boring ass life are boring, but it is good for me to write them and I don’t know why I am apologizing to you since no one reads this blog and therefore you do not exist.


.
.
.

No comments: