Monday, June 3, 2019

Charming & Meta.


Recently I applied for a kind of interesting job with a media company. The type of company that might actually come and take a look at this here blog since part of the job I applied for requires that I be able to right order put the words in.

However, as you have likely noticed, I have not been writing very much here lately, largely and specifically because I have been feeling kind of down about not having a job … (to be clear, I am still tutoring at the local junior college and do still love it, but let’s be honest, it is not the sort of work I had hoped to be doing right now and while they do pay me, it is really just barely above an insult-level wage, but that is a rant about how America does not value education of educators that we will save for another time.) … Since I have been feeling down, I have not been writing much, which means there is not much activity here on this blog, which means that I am less likely to get this media job because of how little I have been writing. Which is basically to say: It is harder to get a job because I do not have a job. See: Logic, Circular.

Anywhoo, I’m going to post some older (but still recent-ish) writing here so that on the off chance that the media company people come creeping on this blog, there will be some writing content here. Now, I am aware of the inherent problem presented by this post. If the goal is to trick the media people, then why write this post? Well, because (1) if they read this post they will either (A) find it charming and meta that I wrote about them or (B) be annoyed by how charming and meta I find myself, and therefore (2) they will either hire me or not based on how charming and meta I am, and since I actually am that way, they will have a better sense of me than they would otherwise. This will help us all avoid any confusion later on.

.
.
.

No comments: