Thursday, May 15, 2014

Jay-Z Mystery.


Did something happen recently with Jay-Z and an elevator? I have been so focused on school lately that I’m not as culturally literate as normal, but I keep running across these words: “Jay-Z” and “elevator”. Did he get trapped? And if so, is there video? And if so, did he try to climb out of the elevator?

Between you and me, every time I’m in an elevator I am hoping it gets stuck so that I finally have an excuse to climb out through that top hatch and wriggle up the cables and pry the doors open and bellow, “I’m John McClane motherfuckers!”

This seems like a good place to mention stuff that I know: the 1958 French New Wave film “Elevator to the Gallows” invented the whole escape-from-an-elevator thing, but apparently in France the escape hatch is on the BOTTOM of the elevator, which makes the whole thing that much more terrifying and also begs the question: what the fuck is up with the French?

.
.
.

No comments: