Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Brief History of Economics.

A Brief History of Economics
by james bezerra


15,000 BC - The Caves
Hey, I’ll trade you these two little rocks for that one big one.

2400 BC - Egypt
Build me some pyramids. I’m not going to pay you.

200 BC - Rome
Let’s structure our economy around slave labor in such a way that we have to spend all of our time and money acquiring new slaves. I’m sure it will be fine.

1100 AD - Feudal Europe
Farm all of this land.
Give me all of the food.

1397 - Giovanni Medici’s house
Hey, I think I just invented modern banking.
I’ll loan you money if you give me more back.

1660 AD - Feudal Europe
Fine. You can keep some of the food.

1854 - Karl Marx’s house
I don’t think this system is going to work …

1908 - Henry Ford’s house
I’ve just invented the modern auto-mobile! Let’ structure our economy around the predictably finite resource it runs on. I’m sure it will be fine.

1909 - New York
I’ve just invented plastic! Using the exact same predictably finite resource! I’m sure it will be fine.

1945 - America
We’re the only un-bombed, industrialized country left! Let’s structure our economy as if that will never change!

1980 - The White House
Let’s get those silly solar panels off the roof.

1999 - Washington D.C.
Banks don’t need to be regulated.

2010 - Washington D.C.
Of course corporations are people!
Also, the fundamentals of our economy are strong.

~2065 - Saudi Arabia
Yep. We’re tapped out.

The Future
I’ll trade you this big rock for those two little ones.

.
.
.

No comments: