Monday, October 7, 2013

Chocolate.



Since entering grad school I have found myself involved in a very large number of conversations that seem to go off the rails. Perhaps I’m just bad at interacting with people. Perhaps it is just the nature of grad school that nothing seems to naturally resolve itself. Who knows?

Below is a snippet from an actual conversation I overheard tonight (thankfully I was not involved in this conversation). This is exactly what they said to each other. I am not making any of this up.



Girl 1: I can’t do spiders or crawling things or aliens.

Girl 2: I think spiders fall under the category of crawling things.

Girl 1: No, I mean like things that are low to the ground. Like E.T.

Girl 2: Did you know that until I was eighteen I thought that E.T. was a horror movie?

Girl 1: Oh my god, I like just discovered chocolate. No, I’m not kidding.



About ten percent of Americans have graduate degrees. These two girls will (very soon) be part of that rarefied ten percent. Again, I didn’t make any of this up.

.
.
.

No comments: