Saturday, March 24, 2012

Oh the Mistakes I Have Made.

Oh the Mistakes I Have Made
by james bezerra

Oh, the mistakes I have made!
There was that poker game I played
with a Nigerian royal prince.
I barely got away fully intact!
But in point of fact,
I was being rather dense
because I forgot I couldn’t play poker!

Then there was my brief marriage
to a koala bear who was quite savage
when it came to matters of sharing food.
But marrying a koala was a mistake solely mine,
given the opportunity again, I would probably decline.
But I will say, all and all, the experience was good
because it taught me to take marriage more seriously.

My worst mistake, however,
was that time I upset your mother.
What happened was that I
answered a bit too honestly
when she asked if I’d give her a grand baby.
To my credit though, when she started to cry
I did stop explaining how rotten I find children.
(They’re always sticky!)

Through it all however
I believe that I am much better
of a person because of these mistakes, no matter how disastrous.
You see, life is a gift that we should strive to enjoy
and sometimes that means we are allowed to employ
judgment that later proves erroneous.
If I had to live life error-free
I imagine it would’ve quite quickly bored me.



.
.
.

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Cool writings on your blog man - you're very talented!