Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Netbook Review.

Below is an email that I wrote to my older brother. His laptop died and he was asking in I liked my little HP netbook, which I do. This would be a good time to ask yourself why you like reading other people’s mail. Are you some sick kind of voyeur or something? What’s your deal?


Hi [my brother],

I’m sorry to hear about your laptop, I know that’s like losing a close friend. On the upside though, now you get a shiny new friend and you don’t have to feel any of that guilt when you see the old one sitting on a shelf all sad.

Anyway, I do love my netbook, but it’s not for everybody. I was willing to sacrifice some power for greater portability, but I take it with me almost all the time. It’s great for Word and the internet, but it’s not the fastest thing in the world. Mine has a 60 gb hardrive and only one gb of ram, so I can steam the radio while I use Word and have Facebook open. So that’s good enough for me. I would not use it if I were spending all of my time role playing on World of Warcraft or that kind of thing.

You probably wouldn’t be happy with it as your primary computer, it’s just too small. Also it doesn’t have any drives at all (just USB ports) so you can’t listen to a CD or watch a DVD or anything like that. Even I still have a clunky old Pesario that I tend to use at home because it is normal sized.

So if you want something that’s good on-the-go then a netbook is great, but if you’re looking for an all-purpose, go-to laptop, then you probably want to go with something else. I know that HP makes some standard laptops that are super thin and sleek but still have all the fixings. Or if you want something really cool, Alienware makes one with keys that are backlit red and the side that faces you is molded kind of like the bumper of Knight Rider. That way people know that you’re hard core like the Hoff.

I hope some of that helps,
Jamie

.
.
.
.
.

No comments: