Thursday, July 9, 2009

Heavy Weather.

So I was just watching the national weather report on CNN and the guy indicated the upper Mid-West and said that there is a "slight chance of severe storms" and I thought that was odd for a whole lot of reasons.

First, it is kind of non-comm ital in a bait-and-switch kind of way. It is as if to say, "Well, there won't be any storms, but if there are storms ... shit, you had better get out of the way!"

Also, is there no middle ground with this weather man? It has to be all or nothing? Why not a good chance of light storms? Those nice kind of storms that make you want to sit on the porch with a blanket and a cup of hot cocoa? Well we just can't have that! No! it must be severe storms, or nothing!

Finally, it would just ruin my day if someone was all, "Yeah, there is a slight chance that we are going to have these terrible storms later today," I would end up looking over my shoulder all day, just waiting for them. The sense of dread would ruin my whole day because I would just KNOW that as soon as I stopped lokking for the severe storms, that's when they would pounce and ruin my day.

Man, weather is stressful.
.
.
.
.

No comments: