Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weather sure is Somethin'




Below is the link to a website with some of the most startling and amazing photos of weather that I have ever seen. It will rock your socks off (Yeah, I guess I am the kind of person who says things like that).



GetWonder.com

For fun, I looked up the definition of 'weather' because I had never really thought about it before. This is from Merriam-Webster, which I trust:

\'we-thər\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English weder, from Old English; akin to Old High German wetar weather, Old Church Slavic vetrŭ wind
Date:
before 12th century
1: the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness
2: state or vicissitude of life or fortune
3: disagreeable atmospheric conditions: as a: RAIN , STORM b: cold air with dampness

No comments: