Thursday, February 19, 2015

I Blame The Girl Scouts.


Right now I am taking a break from my school work (I have been at it for seven straight hours so far) and I was just reading an article about how to quickly lose ten pounds.

Yesterday I bought new batteries for my scale and today I discovered to my horror that I am ten pounds heavier than I was before my scale batteries died in December. Going into Christmas I was finally down in the range of what I consider to be an at least okay weight range, though still not great. I have recently organized myself a life routine (using a couple of spreadsheets, naturally) and so I have been working out significantly more the past couple weeks, I am in a hurry to get back down into a lower weight class, so I am reading about weightloss on Prevention.com and one of the things they suggest doing is starting a blog about one’s diet and weight loss. The idea here is that if you post things for your friends and family to read, then it will keep you honest in your eating habits. To me this just sound embarrassing. For instance, in the last 24 hours I have consumed:

  • A Gatorade whey protein bar
  • Somewhere in the range of 30 ounces of coffee
  • A bunch of tortilla chips at a Chilis
  • Some of one of those chocolate chip cookie and ice cream dessert things
  • Five or six whiskey and cokes
  • A Slim Rite meal replacement bar
  • Some mixed nuts
  • An entire box of Girl Scout cookies

Now, it has been an unusual couple of days, but as I sit here typing out this list I am forced to wonder how the hell I’m not dead yet, to say nothing of ten pounds heavier.

I swear that my diet normally consists of salads or rice and chicken and veggies, but I guess that I had not realized how unconscious I have been about what I have been eating lately. In my defense, I have had trouble getting back into a routine since I came back from the East last month. Hence the time management spreadsheets.

Also, it does not help that things were pretty stressful last month and that the Girl Scouts seem to have staked out my grocery store.

Anyway, guess who is going to be eating salads for the next year or so?


.
.
.

No comments: