Thursday, February 19, 2015

Forest Fires.



I am sitting here at my kitchen table doing school work. Right now I am reading a story for class by Aleksandar Hemon. The story is called “The Life and Work of Alphonse Kauders” and it is organized sort of like a list story. Each item on the list is something about this character of Alphonse Kauders. I enjoy little stories like this, they’re usually both complex and whimsical. One of the items had me laughing out loud. That item was this one:


Alphonse Kauders:
a) hated forests
b) loved to watch fires
These proclivities were happily united in his notorious obsession with forest fires, which he would watch, with great pleasure, whenever he had a chance.


Some days it must have been good to be Alphonse Kauders, if only because he knew what he liked.

.
.
.

No comments: