Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Feels.


I did a reading tonight for the lit journal at my school and I read a piece that basically summarized the history of greater Los Angeles over the past seven thousand or so years (but, you know, interesting) and afterward a woman I know who is an adjunct professor said that it made her think of a lighthearted W. G. Sebald and it was one of the nicest things anyone has said to me in a long time. Not many people know of poor old sad and guilty German Sebald. He was a real downer that guy, but he wrote the sort of books that drive librarians crazy; books that confuse history and fiction and philosophy and autobiography and cartography and just about everything else.

I don’t have much to say other than that, but you know how weird I feel when someone says things that give me the feels, so I just thought that I would tell you about it.

.
.
.

No comments: